Lateral Entry into Assam Engineering College
Assam Engineering College or AEC is the first engineering college in the north-eastern India. This institute is a premiere engineering institute in India which was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in year of 1955. The campus located in the Jalukbari area of Guwahati city. AEC has been the hub of many academic and supplementary activities in Assam for almost six decades.
Branches Available in Assam Engineering college in Bachelors of Engineering program :
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
Lateral Entry Admission Rules in Assam Engineering College
The Government of Assam also conducts a Lateral Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry which can be opted after completion of the 3-year Polytechnic Diploma from the state of Assam for getting admitted to the B.E. programs in 3rd semester.
Eligibility Criteria for Lateral Entry
Lateral Entry after 3-year Polytechnic Diploma
- Be an Indian Citizen, and a permanent resident of Assam.
- Pass the 3-year Polytechnic Diploma from the state of Assam in the branch in which the admission to be sought.
- Pass the qualifying examination (as specified in ‘ii’ above), securing a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% in the case of Schedule castes and 40% in the case of Schedule Tribes) of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the same sitting.
- Must be of a good moral character.
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
Candidates for the general seats shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Common Entrance Examination (CEE) conducted by the Director of Technical Education, Assam, in places and times notified by the Director of Technical Education in Assam Gazette and news papers every year. The test is normally held in the month of May. In the admission test, candidates must appear in the following papers carrying only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):
- Mathematics 100 Marks in 2 Hours
- Physics 100 Marks in 2 Hours
- Chemistry 100 Marks in 2 Hours
The Director of Technical Education, Assam, will publish the merit list based on the results of the Common Entrance Examination (CEE), and candidates will be selected in order of merit from the list. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes or any other categories must also appear in the Common Entrance Examination (CEE). They will, however, be selected against the quota reserved for them according to merit.
Choice of Course of Study
Candidates must indicate in the application form the branch of Engineering (i.e. Civil, Mechanical, etc.) they wish to pursue in the order of their preference. They shall be allotted their branches of study on the basis of their preference and their performance in the Common Entrance Examination (CEE).
Exemption from Examination
- Candidates nominated against reserved seats for other States, Union Territories, and Foreign Countries by their respective Governments, provided they satisfy the conditions for eligibility.
- Candidates ranked within the first 10 positions in the Assam Higher Secondary (Science Stream) Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, provided they secure not less than 75% marks in aggregate in the year in which they seek admission. Such candidates must apply for direct admission within 10 days of publication of their qualifying examination results, to the Director of Technical Education, Assam.
How to Apply
Candidates seeking admission trough Lateral Entry scheme should apply as per the advertisement by the Director of Technical Education, Assam, in leading local newspaper(s) and in the Assam Gazette in the month of May every year.
- For admission through CEE / CEE -LateralThe procedure for appearing CEE usually starts in the month of March/April every year. The Director of Technical Education, Assam, advertise in the leading local newspaper(s) and in the Assam Gazette about it.Candidates applying against the reserved quota of children and grandchildren of Freedom Fighters must attach two certificates, one from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam, certifying the Freedom Fighter, and another from the Deputy Commissioner, or Official authorized by the Deputy Commissioner, stating clearly, the direct relationship of the candidate with the freedom fighter.The followings apply to the candidates seeking admission under reserved categories:
- Candidates applying against the reserved quota of children of employees of the Central Government and Central Government Public Sector Undertakings, posted in Assam for a minimum of 1 year at the time of submission of application must attach two certificates, one from the school or college last attended, and the other a Permanent Resident Certificate of his or her parents from their native state.
- Candidates applying against the reserved quota of children of Ex-Defense Service Personnel must produce a certificate from the Secretary, Rajyik Sainik Board, Assam, and documentary evidence of pension.
- Candidates applying against the quota reserved for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Tea Garden and Ex-Tea Garden Community, must produce certificate on the body of Form B.
Fee Structure of Assam Engineering College
The approximate fee to be paid per year for B.E. course is around Rs. 11,000.00. This fee comprises of two segments:
- College admission fee: around Rs. 2,000.00
- Miscellaneous (Union, Festival, Magazine, Welfare, Poor Fund, Enrolment, I.Card, Caution Money, Transport, laboratory, Internet, T&P Cell, Library, Medical): around Rs. 9,000.00.
Students need to deposit the aforesaid fees at SBI, AEC Branch in cash in accounts numbers 10243125269 and 30427184387 through triplicate Bank Slip available with the SBI, AEC. After depositing the money at the bank, they need to deposit the counter folio of Bank Slip at the Account Section of AEC office, and to collect proper receipt.
Hostellers are to deposit the required security money and seat rent money (total in cash Rs. 8000.00 approx.) to the respective Hostel Superintendent. Hostel Superintendents will deposit the seat rent money to the Office of the Principal and collect receipt.
Hope this article help you to understood, How to apply for Lateral Entry In Assam Engineering college or if you are searching for Lateral Entry Exam for Assam Engineering college , Lateral Entry Exam 2018 in Assam, Lateral Entry in Assam University, Assam Engineering college ranking, Assam Engineering college placement, lateral entry exam after diploma,aec entrance exam, AEC admit card, then this is the best article to help you out, and we will recommend you to visit the official website : www.aec.ac.in too for more information.