Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam (AP POLYCET) is what you should know about If you are a candidate looking for taking admission into Diploma Engineering or Polytechnic course of Andrapradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test is also known as AP POLYCET conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh. AP PolyCET allows you to take admission into Diploma level programs conducted in Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided Polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges.
In this article we will discuss about the Diploma Engineering opportunites and in-depth details of AP POLYCET 2021.
If you want to take admission into the other Diploma Courses like Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D. Pharmacy, the entry qualification is 10 + 2 or 12th Standard. Then you need not appear for POLYCET-2021 for admission into the said courses.
So Let’s dive into the details without any delay,
Important Dates of AP POLYCET
If you are an AP POLYCET Candidate you should keep track on the Important dates of AP POLYCET 2021.
Here we are showing the AP POLYCET’s 2020 dates, just to give you an insight about the timing. Once the Dates of AP POLYCET 2021 will be released on the official website https://polycetap.nic.in/, we will update asap.
Therefore, if you want to get notified of the Latest Updates of the Diploma Engineering / Lateral Entry Examination, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter at the end of this article.
|AP POLYCET Events||Date|
|Application form last date||04-08-2020|
|Release of admit card||After 2 or 3 days of submitting the application|
|Answer key release||29-09-2020|
|Last date to register||22-10-2020|
Eligibility Criteria for AP POLYCET
When you are preparing for AP POLYCET 2021, the most important thing you should consider is the Eligibility Criteria for AP POLYCET. Here we have listed all the major points you should check before proceeding with the Admission Application Form.
- Nationality: If you are a candidate you must be an Indian citizen.
- State Eligibility: You should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh. Also, you should have the domicile of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Age Criteria: You need Min 15 Years of Age to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: To Apply for AP-POLYCET, you should pass the SSC (10th) exam from the AP state. The SSC exam must be conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, AP/Telangana, or any other recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: You need a score of at least 35% marks in your SSC exam to be eligible for AP -POLYCET.
- Mandatory Subjects: If you are a Candidate, who belongs to the NIOS/ APOSS/ CBSE / ICSE / Other examinations recognized by the Andhra Pradesh government, You should pass in all the subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry with 35% in each subject.
- Appearing Candidates: Those appearing in the SSC exam or those results are awaited or yet to be declared can also apply for this exam. If you have a compartment in the SSC exam then you can also apply, but your compartment should be cleared before the admission procedure.
Now Let’s move on to the Application process.
Application Process for AP-POLYCET
If you are Eligible and excited to take admission via AP POLYCET, Your next step is to apply for the Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test. The only Polytechnic entrance exam of Andra Pradesh to take admission into Diploma Engineering Courses.
To Apply in-to the AP-POLYCET for taking admission into the Polytechnic or Diploma Engineering program, you must follow the application process.
Here are the simplified AP Polycet application steps for you,
- First Go to the website of the State Board of Technical Education and Training Vijayawada:: Andhra Pradesh.
- Then click on the “Online Application” button.
- Here you can Enter your 10th class hall ticket number, year of passing, and date of birth. [ so keep all the information ready with you ].
- Click on the “Show Application” button.
- Next, you need to fill in the details such as Your Name(as per school records), Father’s name, D.O.B, Contact details.
- Along with other information you have to choose the exam center (the location where you want to give the test), and reservation category(if any).
- Once completed the previous steps, Now you are ready to upload your photograph and signature. Do not staple or sign on the photo. The images should be in JPG format.
- Click on the browse button, choose the file, and click on the ‘upload’ button.
- Duly signed by Parent/Guardian should be submitted to the computer operator at the nearest Ap online /Meeseva /Payment gateway /Net Banking/ Help Line center with a cash payment.
- Your Admit Card will be generated immediately upon submission of the application form.
- Enter all details and click on press the confirm button to generate the hall ticket.
That’s all !
Well, every candidates want to know about the application fee for the AP Polycet 2021 entrance.
Therefore we have gathered the information for your from the official Website of AP POLYCET.
The AP POLYCET application fee for
- SC students are Rs 200
- For others, the fee is Rs 400.
Once You will pay the AP POLYCET application fee successfully, you will receive a Transaction ID. And You should keep this transaction ID for all future references.
Courses Offered by AP POLYCET
The more information you have about the Entrance Exam and its procedure the more Chances to crack it. Here is a long list of options for courses offered by the Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam. Go through the below list to know, which are the available course you can take once you cleared the Entrance.
Note : The Course Selection may be depends on your result and the Counselling Process of Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam.
For candidates of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana (3 years duration):
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Assistantship
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (SW) (Sugar Technology)
- Commercial and Computer Practice
- Garment Technology
For candidates of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana (3.5 years duration):
- Biomedical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Chemical Engineering (Sandwich)
- Chemical Engineering ( Oil Technology) SW
- Chemical Engineering (Petro Chemicals) SW
- Chemical Engineering ( Plastics and Polymers) SW
- Ceramic Engineering &Technology SW
For candidates of Andhra Pradesh only (3 years duration):
- Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- Petroleum Technology
- Petro Chemical Technology
For candidates of Telangana State only (3 years duration):
- Packaging Technology (SW)
- Printing Technology (SW)
- Packaging & Printing Technology
- Craft Technology (SW)
- Home Science (SW)
For candidates of Telangana State only (3.5 years duration):
- Computer Engineering SW
- Embedded Systems SW
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Sandwich) SW
- Industrial Electronics (Sandwich pattern) SW
- Electronics and Video Engineering (SW)
- Leather Technology (SW)
- Footwear Technology SW
*Note: Here SW means State-Wide course.
Entrance Pattern for Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance
It’s time to Prepare for the AP POLYCET 2021 Entrance exam. Therefore, you might be searching for the Entrance Exam pattern for the AP POLYCET, which we have mentioned below.
- The total Duration of AP POLYCET: 2 hours
- There will be only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry of class 10 (SSC) examination.
- The question paper consists of a total of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question:
Mathematics: 60 questions (60 marks)
Physics: 30 questions (30 marks)
Chemistry: 30 questions (30 marks)
This is the entrance exam pattern for AP POLYCET. We would recommend you to revise the Class 10th Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry to prepare for this exam.
AP POLYCET Results
AP POLYCET 2020 Result has been declared on the official website on October 9, 2020. Based on the result, a separate merit list will be prepared. Candidates can check their result by using their roll number and date of birth.
Steps to check AP POLYCET 2020:
- First, visit the official website https://polycetap.nic.in
- Enter your Roll Number there.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- AP POLYCET 2020 result page will open.
- Download and take a printout of the AP POLYCET 2020 result.
AP POLYCET 2021 Result date,
AP POLYCET 2021 is still not conducted. Once the official notice will be released, you will get the updated information here. If you want to get the latest updates on all the Diploma and Lateral Entry Entrance Examination, Subscribe to our Newsletter.
All the best,
In Conclusion, If you are a Candidate who belongs to Andhra Pradesh and would like to pursue a Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic after class 10th. The Andra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam, AP-POLYCET is the best option. In this article we have almost covered the Eligibility Criteria for AP POLYCET, Admission Process of AP POLYCET, Entrance Exam Pattern for AP POLYCET, Application FEE, Available Courses and Result details for Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Entrance Exam.
Keep following our site www.6cgpa.in, for more latest and Updated Entrance Exam and career related information. We wish you all the best for AP POLYCET.